Autofähre Vierwaldstättersee


 

Beckenried–Gersau car ferry

In 1928, Alois Waser-Bucher, an entrepreneur from Nidwald, took interest in the Beckenried–Gersau car ferry project and, subsequently, had a ferry constructed in Uerikon on Lake Zurich in 1929. On Whit Sunday 1930, the ferry service was opened with the motor vessel ‘Tellsprung’ (‘Tell’s Leap’) carrying 20 cars. In 1959, a local hotelier bought the ferry and had it extensively rebuilt by Bodan Wharf on Lake Constance. The new ferry, which can carry up to 45 cars, started its service on Whit Saturday 1964, and has been owned by the F&R Group Beckenried since 2016. (The Tell-Pass only includes passenger transport)

 

 

 

More informations:
https://www.autofaehre.ch